Supply Chain & Procurement Project Manager
Industry: Medical Devices
Purpose of the Role:
The Supply Chain & Procurement Project Manager will work with Procurement, Supply Chain, R&D, Quality and Manufacturing functions based in the US, Europe and Asia as well as external suppliers.
- The Global Supply Chain consists of Manufacturing sites in China, Korea, Japan and Jena, Germany, centralised services in Philippines, Hong Kong and Galway and the corporate headquarters in Chicago, US.
- The Supply Chain is responsible for managing the demand and supply of products. They support a rapidly expanding business unit and collaborate closely on sales execution, product supply and human resources with the other Business Units
- The supply chain is rapidly expanding as we provide product & service responses to diseases and as we develop our go to Market infrastructure and processes across our target geographies in Africa, APAC, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Lat Am.
- To ensure we can rapidly expand our Supply Chain capability, focus on our supply chain projects is integral, including starting within our suppliers and manufacturing facilities.
- One of the key focus areas for the Supply Chain & Procurement Project manager role will include but is not limited to reducing supplier risk, consolidation of suppliers and New Product Introduction initiatives as part of an overall commodity strategy.
- This will involve working closing with our global procurement teams, suppliers, internal manufacturing teams, regulatory and quality to ensure project timelines are created, and project is completed on time.
- The candidate also needs to routinely support activities such as resolution of material supply issues and root cause analysis for supplier related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key member of the Global Materials team, this person will play an integral role ensuring cross functional collaboration and execution of supply chain objectives.
- Through the leadership and delivery of assigned projects, contribute to the execution of the overall Supply Chain and business objectives.
- Develop realistic cross-functional program implementation plans with input from Suppliers, R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, and Commercial. Set project milestones. Consider alternative approaches and take corrective action as needed to ensure project milestones are achieved
- Establishing and leading proactive, transparent, and effective communications cadence to ensure timely dissemination of information with project teams.
- Responsible for reporting and timely communication across the business on Supply Chain & Procurement projects.
- Holding project team accountable to critical milestone dates; highlighting opportunities for acceleration; clearly communicating project delays and escalations.
- Work closely and partner with all levels and support multidisciplinary teams to ensure work commitment, practices and targets are achieved in line with the business targets and objectives.
- Motivate the work of others outside of direct authority to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met.
- Monitor tasks to ensure they are performed on time, within intended scope and to a satisfactory level of quality.
- Flexibility to take on additional tasks and responsibilities at the discretion of the Supply Chain Leadership.
- Will act as a role model for the Supply Chain function and the wider organisation in adherence to corporate core values.
- 5+ years of diversified Biologics/Pharma/Medical Device business experience, including operations support/quality at the plant level, supply chain, validation.
- Strong exposure to Suppliers management and material procurement is an advantage
- Experience in leading international cross-functional teams & in influencing peers in other organizations
- Experience relating to highly regulated manufacturing in the Bio/pharmaceutical or medtech industries highly advantageous.
- Proven track record of working with high performing teams with strong cross functional relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability in critical analysis and problem solving to drive business opportunities and improvements.
- Experience within a multi-site, international environment with a strong customer focus is preferable.
Education and Competencies:
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Business, Project Management, or a related discipline with advanced degree preferred.
- Detailed Supply Chain knowledge in a complex and highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Good Biologics manufacturing and or R&D knowledge most desirable
- Project management tools/techniques & leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation along with detail-oriented organizational skills
- Strong understanding of ERP systems and practical application (SAP)
Duration: 18 Months Fixed Term Contract
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.