Analytical Sciences Resource
Industry : Healthcare
The assignment is based at Nestlé, Askeaton, Co Limerick with Nestlé SBU Nutrition offering a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions and regions.
As Analytical Sciences Resource you will contribute to early innovation projects by applying strong lab analytics to raw
materials or product characterization, to quantification of key components mainly in milk matrix. Tasks will include
new method developments as well as providing analytical support for manufacturing process improvements. Role entails planning and delivering on projects and activities, interpret and present results to relevant stakeholders. The job requires a strong applied analytical skills and knowledge of food science and technology combined with creativity and problem-solving mindset to response to a fast-evolving business environment.
- Apply HPLC, LC-MS and other cutting edge analytical techniques to analyse composition of raw materials and
- Develop and adapt new analytical methods with existing laboratory equipment.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and validate methods according to business needs.
- Execute experiments and trials as per development plans, generate and critically review analytical data.
- Deliver analytical technical and scientific support in assigned R&D projects, for product development or
- Propose new ideas, activities, analytical methods, and support feasibility assessment of new projects.
- Collaborate strongly with other science & technology functions and networks, coach team members on
analytical methods according to expertise.
- Present results orally and/or in reports and contribute to internal technology transfers to R&D, Technical and
Role Experience and Requirements:
- Experienced in LCMS for proteomics (protein analysis using LCMS) is a requirement.
- Experience working in R&D, in a research lab new analytical method development or implementation.
- Experience with milk and dairy systems would be an advantage.
- Experience in writing and reviewing scientific publications and reports.
- Initiative, analytical and problem-solving mindset, curiosity, and good collaborative spirit.
- University degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology or
related scientific field. Ideally a MSc or PhD.
Location: Askeaton, Co Limerick
Duration: Temporary, 2 years.